Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hey There, Edward Norton

I don't have a lot of complicated dreams when I sleep. Aside from being Haunted by Zombies*, I don't usually remember my dreams and when I do, they're short. Snippet style dreams that usually point to stress (as in the case of being physically unable to press the brake pedal as I approach a red light) or fears of being in some way inadequate (as in the case of when I know I should be able to fly, but can't get off the ground).

So imagine my surprise when I woke up one morning this week with a dream still in my head that didn't involve zombies, malfunctioning cars OR my inability to fly! What did it involve?

Edward Norton. In my kitchen sink.

Not spilling out, mind you, but in it to his shoulders like it was the Mary Poppins bag of kitchen sinks. You might be wondering what he was doing there. Nothing much. The usual, really. Chillin' and chattin'. I asked him if the water was warm enough and he assured me it was perfect.

When I told this to a friend, he asked, "Was he naked?"

To which I responded, "Of course not. He wore a leather jacket." Because that's just what Edward Norton does when he's in my kitchen sink.

So that's that.

And in news not related to my kitchen sink, you might be interested to know that Valerie Kemp is having a contest over on her blogger blog for copies of Linger by Maggie Stiefvater , The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff, and Across the Universe by Beth Revis all of which come with signed book plates.

That's all I've got. Happy Thursday, everyone!

* I don't recommend you read that tale if you, too, are stricken by zombie terror or have an unreasonable fear of Keanu Reeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment