Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hello! My Name is Natalie.

It's been so long, I'm afraid you've forgotten my face. Allow me to re-introduce myself. My name is Natalie and we've met, but it was last year and my hair was probably a different color....

I haven't been posting. There are reasons - 2012 went out with an apocalyptic bang and 2013 entered similarly - but I've not forgotten my dear blog. Consider this my reentry to the blogosphere.

Here's is the quick update of what I've been up to:
  1. I've teamed up with a diverse group of debuting YA authors and we've just launched our blog. We are The Fourteenery - 14 YA Authors Debuting in 2014. (Obligatory prize post here). This is a group of women I've been working with for several months and I'm excited and delighted to be engaged in this collaborative venture.
  2. Tumblr! I love it. And I'm Obviously Parker (obviously).
  3. The Official 2014 Debut Young Adult and Middle Grade author group has launched! If you'd like the bird's eye view of what's coming down those roads, check out the OneFour KidLit blog and/or Twitter feed.
  4. Texas! For the first time in my life, I visited the great state of Texas for a writing retreat. 21 writers, 5 days, 2 houses, 1 river. As you can imagine, it was as exhausting as it was recharging.
In lieu of anything more, I'll leave you with this picture of the world's largest pecan. Which I found in Texas. And touched.
More soon. Ciao for now.

5 comments:

  1. Hello again Natalie! And how lovely that you've been able to team up with other debuting authors for 2014. Something I'm really missing out on since by the time I got my deal all the 2013 debut groups had closed their doors! Love the sound of your book BTW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no! Even the Luckies? If so, the OneFour group is accepting 2013 debuts who got their deals post-Lucky closure. If you're interested, there are instructions for joining on the blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Natalie, I've checked them out but I've no idea how to tell if my publisher is on one of tehir lists. The luckies had a drop down menu and CF isn't listed there which is hardly surprising since they only launched their first books in January this year. I also noticed that quite a few UK publishers aren't on there either which makes me think their focus is very US. So even if I did apply they'd probably say 'no' :-(

      Delete
    3. Well I sent them a message via FB. Not sure if I'll hear back but hey, at least I asked :-)

      Delete